Key Club Pledge
I pledge on my honor to uphold the objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school, and community; to serve my nation and God; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
Key Club Motto
The Key Club Motto is “Caring – Our way of Life.” Through Key Club’s work in the home, school, and community, Key Club members have learned that their organization is built around the concept of caring. With this concept as the foundation of the organization, Key Club will continue to be an effective and contributing organization in our schools and communities.
Objects of Key Club International
To develop initiative and leadership
To provide experience in living and working together
To serve the school and community
To prepare for useful citizenship
To cooperate with the school principal
To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which will make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.