Pediatric Trauma Program Week
PTP Week will be happening on We will collaborate with CNH Circle K and CNH KIWIN'S. Be sure to to post pictures on social media with the #PTPWEEK2016 in order to pump up the spirit and the funds raised for PTP!
MAKE IT KNOWN MONDAY
- Change your profile pictures or just post a picture on social media with the overlay in order to show that you stand in support of the Pediatric Trauma Program.
- Aside from simply changing your profile picture, you can also watch a PTP relating video in order to stay educated and get inspired for the rest of the week. Feel free to relay the video you watch to your home club presidents and ask if they can be played during the meeting.
- Another option, is to play some ice breakers that relate to PTP. You can create a board game or a simple get-to-know someone icebreaker that has relation Pediatric Trauma.
TOO YOUNG TUESDAY
- Too many children die early from Pediatric Trauma. This means too many lives that weren’t lived, and too many possibilities left unfulfilled. In order to spark questions from your peers and to educate others wear gear such as helmets and knee pads. Wear the things that a child should’ve been wearing so that their life would not have ended.
- To continue the week of education and advocation, invite members to attend our informational webinar about PTP and how to fill out the grant application and learn more about what PTP is and what it supports. However, if you are unable to attend, then host or participate in a service project in relation to PTP for example, print a template and create PTP Dolls. If you don’t have access to the materials, other service related to child safety are acceptable this can include canvassing to your communities about safety issues.
SPARK A THOUGHT THURSDAY
- As PTP Week comes to a quick close, be sure to share all the knowledge that you have accumulated throughout the week. Be sure to share that knowledge on how to prevent pediatric trauma. This can be done through a quick “Did you know?” tweet, or through a long informative Facebook post. Feel free to also share a baby picture. You made it, you didn’t suffer from pediatric trauma, and that’s something worth sharing. A lot of us take many things for granted, including the fact that we are alive and well.
- Annually, 9 million children will go to the ER because of unintentional injury and 225,000 will die. 90% of these cases are preventable. The Pediatric Trauma Program strives to develop local projects that will reduce the number of children who are killed or injured by trauma. Another way to spark a thought on Thursday is by hosting a fundraiser for PTP!
- You can also choose to do a Throwback Thursday. Use the #OnceUponAChildhood share memories of yourself as a child, games you liked to play, things you wanted to do, sentiments of people you want to thank from your childhood that helped you become who you are today.
FROM THE HEART FRIDAY
- Just like that, the end of PTP week is here. There are so many people to show gratitude for. Write thank you letters to Partnering Hospital’s doctors, nurses, and other staff members to show your appreciate for all the work that they do. You can do this with your home club, or individually. You can also extend the thanks to your parents, and thank them for keeping you alive and safe.
Link to the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/
- << Prev